Monday, September 8, 2008

What interests me in the election

I have to be honest and say that in the past I have never really payed much attention to politics or the presidential elections in general. However this year I find myself more interested, I think this has something to do with the fact that I'm getting older and am truly starting to understand how important strong leadership is in this country. I am starting to realize that I have to put my opinion out there and do anything I can do make this world a better place. One of the factors that will affect who I vote for is the environment. The candidates approach on how to deal with global warming is very important to me. This is a very real issue that must be confronted head on. Another issue for me is how the candidate is handling and will handle the war on terrorism. This is also a very serious issue and will affect my life and the life of my children. It is crucial that we have someone in office with a specific and successful plan on how to handle the war on terror. I think this years election is one of the most public elections that we have ever had. I believe this years election has really evoked a younger crowd and is really touching people on a personal level. I think it is absolutely necessary for young people like myself to start paying attention to what is happening in the political world and start to take action.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I agree with you that global warming is a huge issue in this election. Since the majority of press has been on the candidates themselves and not on major issues, I am interested to see what each candidate wants to do about it.

craig kocay said...

I agree, this year seems to have really gotten the attention of the younger generations, even my high school brother is very interested. This blows my mind. I thought the environment would be a bigger issue than it has been, but I guess it is still a bit early.

NoEmI MtZ said...

The two main issues that concern you are great topics. Similiar to what you feel I believe that in this election there are many pertinent things that must be addressed and thoughtfully planned out becuase like you said this will affect us in the future. It is surprising how much more politics mean in our lives now that we are in college!