Thursday, October 2, 2008

humorous article

My humorous argument that I found is discussing the sponsers for the Democratic National Convention. They are basically just poking fun of the sponsers and how they serve the democrats I found it quite entertaining.


The following is a selection of official sponsors and vendors to the Democratic National Convention.

Pepsi Fountain Drinks: Official provider of Barack Obama's favorite beverage: a 32 ounce Big Gulp combining Pepsi, Mountain Dew, root beer, Cherry Pepsi, cream soda, and Sierra Mist.
denver.craigslist.org: Official black metal futon frame provider to anyone who can come pick it up this weekend.
Microsoft: Bringing some Verizon XV6900s on the off chance that thousands of iPhones suddenly malfunction during the height of the convention.
HillaryEdwards2008.com: Bought this ad space for DNC in mid-2007; non-refundable.
Pop Secret: Official microwaveable popcorn provider.
Jiffy Pop: Official stovetop popcorn provider.
Mancuso's Body Shop: Official provider of fliers on windshields of every car in convention venue parking lot.
Volkswagen, Birkenstock and Starbucks: Official providers

9 comments:

TeresaP said...

So I think the article you are talking about is so funny. It could be taken offensively but I think everything is said right. I really liked it and I can't wait to see your cartoon because the idea was so funny to me.

Tommy C. said...

Allie,
Good job on the ANWR picture. I like your approach of the animals talking. We seem to think alike on our approach. My only suggestion would be to simply use one of the existing Carribou rather than sticking that other one in there, and just make a comment off of one of the existing ones.

Brooke said...

Allie,
I am not sure that I really understood the cartoon very well. I think that by adding an overall summary type title to the picture it would help with a lot of explaining. I like the picture that you found to use for your topic though and I like how the animals are doing all the talking, it is effective in your argument as well.

Michelle J. said...

1. Effective- I think your cartoon is very effective since most people have heard about the caribous and the worries of drilling around them.
2. Suggestions- I wouldn't change anything.
3. Response- I really liked it, and thought that it was very funny. I especially like the cut out and angled caribou...he just adds to it. Good job!

Courtney J said...

Allie,

effective- I loved your picture of what we had talked about in class. The standing caribou is really funny

suggestions- maybe having the quotes coming from the animals, but that's definitely not necessary

response- It's really cute, creative and I like that it's lighthearted and easy to understand

Thomas M. said...

I thought it was funny how you made the carribou want to drill since congress was debating endlessly. I am not sure what ANWR is exactly but the purpose of your comic is clear.

Walt H said...

Funny approach and good argument. Very effective with the animals.

Hector said...

I found the presentation of your argument very affective. Although it was a little hard to understand at first, it was really good. I suggest that you add some captions or something that will help explain your argument a bit more.

M. Christine said...

I didn't understand your cartoon at first, but after a little explanation I got it. I think that the caribou is clever and the animals talking is funny.